Welcome back to the second half of term. It is only a short time until the Easter holidays with a lot to fit in before then.
Firstly, the Mufti Day on the Friday before Half Term raised an excellent £3,115.02 for Great Ormond Street Hospital. The money that you have raised will go a long way to helping to care for very sick children. Thank you.
Results for the senior girls examinations to their secondary schools are still coming in but we can celebrate a magnificent number of scholarships:
- Sarah Atkinson – Queen’s College (Academic Scholarship)
- Freya Bennett – Emanuel School (Academic Scholarship)
- India Brown – Rodean (Drama Scholarship)
- India Brown – Heathfield (Drama Scholarship)
- Isabelle Fleming – Sydenham High (Academic Scholarship)
- Kiersten Johnson – JAGS (Academic Scholarship)
- Lara Mannes – Queen’s Gate (Sports Scholarship)
- Virginia Radcliffe – Francis Holland Regent’s Park (Art Scholarship)
- Carla Ravich Calafell – Wimbledon High (Academic Scholarship)
- Kenza Stamselberg – Putney High (Music Scholarship)
- Kenza Stamselberg – Latymer Upper (Music Scholarship)
- Sofia Tyler – Francis Holland Sloane Square (Academic Scholarship)
Many congratulations to both the children and their teachers on achieving these tremendous results.
There have been four showcases and several sports fixtures this week. The boys in Upper School Alpha have been to the House of Commons today, a particularly interesting time to visit and were fortunate enough to meet Mr John Penrose MP, a Hill House parent. We will wait to see if they have picked up any special insights about the EU referendum.
In the week ahead there is a Parents’ Evening for those in Lower Transitus Z on Tuesday. There are showcases on Wednesday and Thursday as well as rugby and swimming fixtures throughout the week. Please see the school calendar for details.
Thursday is World Book Day. There are various ways in which we are marking this throughout the school. You should be receiving details of this soon if you haven’t already.
I wish all a good weekend