Following on from the Minister’s talk during Assembly on Wednesday we will be having our annual Harvest collection for The Upper Room this coming Thursday, 12 October. We have been given a list of specific items that they would find most beneficial. It is attached to this email. Please bring any donations on Thursday morning. They will then be collected later that morning by the charity.
Earlier this week a group of our most talented runners took part in the borough’s Mini Marathon trials in Holland Park. All our runners did very well but particular mention goes to Thomasina Grove who came second in the under-11 girls race. There were several also former pupils running in the older age group races.
The boys of Lower Senior School have been on a trip to the Houses of Parliament today. They have learnt how laws are made and enacted and toured both the Houses of Lords and Commons. Here is a picture of them sitting on the steps of Westminster Hall, the oldest part of the Palace of Westminster. It here that Kings and Queens lie in state and world leaders address both Houses of Parliament. Recent notable speakers include Nelson Mandela and President Barack Obama.
Looking to the week ahead we have a number of events for you diary.
- Middle School trip to the Florence Nightingale Museum
- Future Schools meeting for Lower Senior School Parents – 8.30am in Pont Street
- Maths and Science evening for parents of Lower Sixth pupils – 6.00pm in Founders’ Hall
- Secondhand uniform sale – 3.30-5.00pm in Cadogan Gardens
- Future Schools meeting – 3.45 in Pont Street
- Upper Senior School Parents Evening – 5.30pm in Founders’ Hall
- Main School Book Fair
- Sixth Form Parents and Tutors Social Evening – 6.30pm in Founders’ Hall
- Lower and Middle School Athletics day
- Art Club visit to the Saachi Gallery
- Billings and Edmonds pop-up shop – 10.30am-2.00pm in Founders Hall
You will find flyers for the two uniform events attached to this email. A reminder that we will be changing from summer to winter uniform after half term.